The revised framework, effective from September 2012, takes forward the Government’s reforms to the 2008 framework as recommended in the 2011 Tickell Review. The reforms will:
- reduce paperwork and bureaucracy;
- strengthen partnerships between parents and professionals;
- focus on the three prime areas of learning most essential for children’s readiness for future learning and healthy development;
- detail the four specific areas of learning which build on the prime areas;
- introduce a progress check at aged two to provide for early intervention as necessary; and
- simplify assessment at age five – usually at the end of the reception year;
Please click the link above to view the report.
You can find the Early Years Foundation Stage which includes the early learning goals at www.foundationyears.org.uk. The foundation years website also includes a range of resources and contacts.